Celebrate Oktoberfest and football with this classic German-inspired meal. Crispy, smoky brats served with spicy beer-mustard sauerkraut makes for a meal worthy of any tailgate.
- 8 bratwurst sausages
- 1 lb. sauerkraut
- 1/8 cup whole grain mustard
- 12 oz. favorite lager
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- Turn half the grill burners onto high heat.
- In a large pan, combine sauerkraut, whole grain mustard and lager. Stir until mixture is uniformed. Then add fresh thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Place sausages on sauerkraut, creating a nest.
- Place pan on grill and cook until mixture begins to simmer. Then move pan to cooler side of grill and cover. Cook sausages for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove sausages from pan and cook on high heat side of grill until crisp.
- Serve sausages with sauerkraut mixture from pan. Enjoy!