Grilled Monte Cristo Recipe
Making this grilled Monte Cristo sandwich is easy. It may sound fancy, but the Monte Cristo sandwich can be made with basic deli ingredients! Just add jelly and powdered sugar to a traditional meat and cheese sandwich, grill it up, and enjoy.
- 12 slices bread
- 16 slices deli turkey
- 16 Slices deli ham
- 16 slices gruyere cheese
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Grape jelly
- Powdered sugar
- Spread mustard on one side of a piece of bread and stack on 2 slices of turkey, ham, gruyere, and Swiss.
- Top with another slice of bread and add 2 additional slices each of turkey, ham, gruyere, and Swiss.
- Spread mustard onto a third slice of bread and place onto sandwich mustard-side down.
- Repeat steps 1-3 three more times to create 4 total sandwiches.
- Once all 4 sandwiches are assembled, use your hands or a small cutting board to smash each sandwich down, making it compact. Set sandwiches aside.
- Crack eggs into a small mixing bowl, add milk and mix together.
- Dunk each sandwich into the egg mixture, making sure to fully coat.
- Grill sandwiches on medium heat for 25-30 minutes, making sure to flip once about halfway through.
- Cut sandwiches in half and top with a light (or heavy!) dusting of powdered sugar and serve with jelly.