Celebrate National Eat a Hoagie Day by grilling up this simple, delicious sandwich. Smoky salami, turkey and peppers topped with a creamy Dijon mustard and mayo dressing make for an easily portable meal at any tailgate.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/4 lb. salami, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. turkey, thinly sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- 1 green pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat.
- Cut green pepper into four quarters and cook on grill until outside is charred. Then, remove from grill and cut into thin slices.
- In a bowl, mix together Dijon mustard and mayonnaise until combined. Spread mixture onto each hoagie bun.
- Add provolone cheese, salami, turkey slices and green peppers to each hoagie bun and wrap in foil.
- Place packets on grill and cook for about 10 minutes with lid closed.
- Remove packets from grill and serve. Enjoy!