Grilled Deviled Egg Footballs
Deviled eggs are always a favorite at any party, but for your tailgate or game day party, give your eggs a twist. The eggs are grilled to hard cook them perfectly, and then chives used to make a simple garnish perfect for any football party.
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 bunch chives for garnish (thin stalks work best)
- Prepare your grill for indirect grilling, then set the eggs right on the grate in the area with burner off. Grill for 15-17 minutes with the lid closed, rotating every 3-4 minutes.
- Remove eggs from grill and run under cool water or place in ice bath for about 2 minutes.
- Peel all eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a bowl; place whites on your serving platter cut-side up.
- Mash the yolks together with a folk, and then add in mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Use a small spoon to evenly disperse the yolk mixture into the eggs.
- Cut three small pieces of chive and one longer piece, arranging on the yolk to form the football laces.
- Serve and enjoy!