Grilled Beef Stew Skillet Recipe
Good things come to those who wait, including this savory, meaty dish perfect for a cool Autumn day. Here we sear the beef quickly, then let simmer slowly in a delicious homemade sauce. While it’s cooking, you can always relax and enjoy another can of stout beer, a perfect accompaniment.
- 2 lb. sirloin steak
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 large can stout beer
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Trim excess fat from meat and cut into chunks; season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill for high indirect heat, placing cast iron skillet over direct heat area; melt butter.
- In a bowl, mix together all other ingredients; set aside.
- Sear outside of beef for 20-30 seconds per side in cast iron pan, taking care not to cook through. Carefully move skillet to indirect heat area, turning heat to low.
- Pour sauce over beef, covering all pieces.
- Close grill and let simmer over indirect low heat for 2 hours.