Grilling Safety Tips
Learn how to use a propane grill safely and ensure you get the best grilling experience.
Think before you grill
By combining our safety precautions and your knowledge of best practices in using your AmeriGas Propane tank, you can focus on the important things in life - like what's for dinner?
Placement of Grill & Tanks
- Use your grill outdoors only
- Use your grill in a well-ventilated area
- Never grill or store a tank in any enclosed areas (including trailers, tents, houses and garages)
- Ensure that the grill is firmly in place. It should be stable enough not to be tipped over
Use of Your Grill
- Read and follow the grill manual
- Once lit, never leave a grill unattended
- Use grilling utensils with long handles to help avoid burns and splatters
- Avoid clothing with hanging shirttails, apron strings, etc.
- Do not allow children near the grill or propane tank
- Never attempt to move a hot grill
- Stay away from a hot grill, as the body remains hot for up to an hour after use
Other Propane Tips
- When transporting, keep tank secured in an upright position with the tank valve turned off
- When in use, keep the propane tank in the upright position
- When not connected for use, keep the tank valve turned off